The Ketsch “Talisman” was launched as # 944 on September 28th, 1920 under the personal supervision of Henry Rasmussen.
In 1923 Talisman was bought by the famous German sailor Hans van Eicken together with his friends Konsul Scholl and Hans Tietgen. Talisman was renamed 'Latona'.
In July 1923 Latona wins the long distance race from Kiel to Pillau
During the fuel refilling process and explosion caused severe damages at the yacht. Fortunately the German Destroyer 'Moewe' which berthed nearby could rescue all guests.
In the meantime the yacht was re-named 'Capricho'. The Gaff Rig was replaced by the more modern Bermuda Rigg.
The German business Georg Wilhelm Engler donated the yacht to the Hanseatic Yacht School in Gluecksburg.
After three years of sailing in the Baltics, Juergen Fiedler from Hamburg, re-located Latona - she got the previous name back - to Mallorca/Spain.
Rickard Berg and Carl Wachtmeister from Sweden bought Latona in Spain and thought about a refit but realized very fast the need of almost a total restauration.
One thunderbolt hit Talisman berthed in the Stockholm Yacht Club and created severe damages mainly in the electronics.
Although Talisman suffered still from the damages from 2014 an ambitious crew was able to sail her to Marstal in Denmark where she was berthed for a complete restoration at HCC Badeverft.